Friday, May 13, 2011

Where Am I?

Since I decided to start this blog last week, I thought I should make a post about where I am currently, or at least at the time of my decision to do this.  As I mentioned before, I am using the Gleim CPA study course to hopefully be one of the less than 20% of people that pass all four sections on their first try.  I'm surprised that there are that many that pass their first time since they just announced the Q1 2011 pass fail rates -

AUD  -  43.88%
BEC  -  42.32%
FAR  -  42.43%
REG  -   41.28%

That doesn't make this task seem daunting at all does it?

So I decided that I should study for the Auditing portion of the exam first, since I figured it would be the most difficult for me and I could spend the most time preparing for it.  Not sure if that is the best course of action or not, but that's what I decided.  As I mentioned before, I received the study materials around the end of March.  Each test is split into 20 study units.  Each study unit is split up into subunits, around 4-7 per study unit.  I figured if I spent an hour or two studying each night, that I would be able to complete 1-2 study units a week.  So I should be on study unit 10 or so, right?  Well as of last week, I was only on study unit 4.  Of course, most of April I was trying to train for a half marathon and studying took a back seat.

Anyway, I took a screen shot of my to date test question results and saved it in a word document.  I have now figured out how to save it as a jpeg, so it will look better (I hope) the next time I post.



Do you enjoy the scenic background?  I have two monitors attached to this computer so you get to see my desktop background as well.  Hopefully this doesn't appear too small when it gets posted on the blog and you can see my results.  The blue lines represent testing sections.  After completing a testing section, I can review questions I missed or questions that I was unsure of and retake those questions.  Sometimes I just really don't have a grasp of the subject matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment