Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Help!

Well, I am a little late in keeping up with my once a week posting.  Life can do that to you.  This is the blog I was planning for last Friday and never got completed.

In the beginning, with the extensive use of the internet, I wondered if there would be a lot of websites or forums with people discussing or helping each other to prepare for and take the CPA exam.  I have done a little searching, but I have not come up with many websites that do this.  Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, or in the right places, but I am surprised by the lack of online discussion of preparation for the CPA exam.  I was able to find one place that seems to be the best so far. 
http://www.cpaexamclub.com/

There seems to be quite a bit of activity and camaraderie at this site.  Everyone seems to want to help as much as they can.  Leave me a comment if you are aware of any other websites that are as good as or better than the one mentioned above.

Last week involved studying units 6 and 7 in the Gleim course.  Unit 6 is internal controls and unit 7 goes into detail on the internal controls for the sales/receivables cycle.  Study unit 6 took me quite a while to get through, due to the length as well as me not putting in enough time.  Study unit 7 was quite a bit quicker.

As I posted last time, I thought I had figured out how to post the test stats in a better format without the beautiful desktop background.  Well, I did.



Looks better doesn't it.  Well, except for maybe some of the results.  My plan is to go through each study unit once and then hit the sections that I didn't do so well on really hard.  We'll see.  I think that I will be taking the test sometime in the July/August testing window.  Most likely mid to late July.  I think I better start spending more time studying.

But I also don't want to deprive you of my new desktop background courtesy of my dad.

4 comments:

  1. Another good forum for the CPA exam is http://www.cpanet.com/cpa_forum/default.asp

    I large amount of people use twitter and #twudygroup or #cpaexam is how they stay connected.

    Good luck with your exam and I hope to read more about your exam journey. I posted my audit exam experience today if you want to check it out.

    http://mycpaexamjournal.blogspot.com

    I think my next post will be about CPA exam resources, thanks for the idea! Don't get to caught up in posting each week, being on track with your study schedule is more important. I typically post to my blog when I am on a break from studying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brett and I'm glad you found CPA Exam Club!

    I was about to mention one of CPAnet's other sites, the CPAnet Forum, but Jenn has it covered.

    Looking forward to reading more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brett!! We're all on twitter. You can find a bunch of us using the hashtags Jenn mentioned above.

    Best wishes,
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps a little late...but Another71.com is a great forum as well.

    ReplyDelete